Statement of Faith
We, the members of New Hope Christian Fellowship, have adopted and subscribe to the following articles of faith:
- We believe that “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God,” which we understand the whole book called the BIBLE; that it is inerrant in the original writing and that its teaching and authority are absolute, plenary, supreme, and final. That the Holy Spirit guided the holy men of old in all that they wrote
- We believe the Godhead eternally exists in three persons. the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God, having the same nature and perfection.
- We believe in the Personality and Deity of the Lord Jesus. Christ, begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, truly God and truly man.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, the source and power of all acceptable worship and service, the infallible interpreter of the infallible Word, the One who indwells’ every true believer and is ever present to testify of Christ, seeking to occupy us with Him and not with ourselves or our experiences. This is done by convicting men, regenerating the believing sinner, indwelling, guiding, instructing, and empowering the believer for godly living. and service.
- We believe in the reality and personality of Satan, the Devil, who is our adversary, deceiving the whole world.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, after His likeness, as stated in the Word of God; but due to the original sin of Adam, all are fallen into sin. Not only was man’s moral nature grievously injured by the Fall, but he also lost all spiritual life, becoming dead in trespasses and sins, and subject to the power of the Devil. Only through the instantaneous regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that Jesus Christ became the sinner’s substitute before God, that He died as a propitiatory sacrifice for the sins of the whole world, that He was made a curse for the sinner, dying for our sins according to the Scriptures. The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ as Savior are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of Jesus Christ; that He ascended into Heaven and sits on the right hand of God as the believer’s high priest and advocate.
- We believe that Christ, in the fullness of the blessings He has secured by His death and resurrection, is received by faith alone; and that the moment we trust Him as our Savior we are passed out of death into everlasting life, justified from all sinful activities, accepted before the Father according to the measure of His acceptance, loved as He is loved, and made one with Him. At the time of acceptance of Christ as Savior, Christ comes to dwell within the believer and to live out His life of holiness and power through the believer.
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all those who truly believe on the Lord Jesus – Christ as Savior; that it is the Body and Bride of Christ; that every believer is baptized into the Body of Christ by the Holy Spirit, thus making us members one of another with Christ as the Head.
- We believe in the evangelization of the world, that the supreme mission of the people of God in this age is to preach the Gospel to every person. The Church has the responsibility to work with the Holy Spirit in the sending forth of missionaries.
- We believe in the personal return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, that the coming again of Jesus Christ is the “Blessed Hope” set before us for which we should be constantly looking. Our citizenship is in Heaven from whence we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that we are living in the End Times, that the establishment of Israel as a nation is an important part of God’s plan, and that God commands our support of her. We are premillennial in our outlook.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion of all born-again believers as a public declaration by the believer that he is identifying with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We do not believe that baptism is a condition of salvation. It is an outward confirmation of the decision made inwardly by the born-again believer.